Saturday 16 September 2017

A Seasonal Smile


Autumn is sneaking up on us now and with it for me is a new creative project from one of my favourite Textile Creatives, Vicky Trainor of the Linen Garden



For me the joy of each new project is a series of stages, from the anticipation of it's arrival to unwrapping and savouring each moment, peeping at the contents of the beautiful box then closing it all up again (several times) before I even take anything out of it.


The next stage is reading the lovely stitched script written by Vicky.  Then and only after I've read it again and pondered and made notes will I go into action gathering resources and inspirational images and creating a mood board.


Botanical books from the charity shop helped me identify wild flowers on our caravan park in the Lake District.


For me it's not the end result of a project, I don't even need one, it's all about the journey but here's a little peep at what I'm moving towards creating 


If you want to join me check out the link above or come back and watch the project as it progresses


3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see what you come up with Lynn! Whatever it is, I know it's going to be lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I love the research and development so much that the end creation is not important to me and can be a bit of a let down sometimes haha.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation! I love the anticipation, too - getting the books out, lining up the bits and pieces and pondering.
    I'm at a similar stage with a dress pattern, I hunted it down for years, collected all the bits and can't quite bring myself to cut any piece out! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS