Friday 15 September 2017

Blogging on the go



Blogging on the go is easy now with this new app


I can be at home one minute with me pinny on and the next getting ready for a trip out


On a whim we decided to head off to our caravan in the Lake District for the weekend.  First stop is always two charity shops at Milnthorpe on the way there.

I certainly didn't need another quilt but I couldn't leave this beauty behind.  It's handmade and was priced at £12. How ridiculous, do people not realise how much work goes into the making of them.  It's on the bed in the caravan now.


The two botanical books cost a total price of £1.50, they are dated 1974 and the inscription inside this one is 
"To Mummy Margaret on her birthday June 6th 1974.  From Rachel with much love"
I hope Mummy Margaret would be pleased to know that I'm using it in my new Autumn project from


I picked up this pure wool blanket for £6 to use on Textile projects.  That is unless I decide to hunker down underneath it with a good book once the winter draws in


SATURDAY SHARE LINK UP AT NOT DRESSED AS LAMB



3 comments:

  1. You'll be needing both the quilt and blanket tonight, it's bloomin' nippy aftre today's sunshine, we've had to bring the tortoise in!
    I bet Mummy Margaret would be thrilled to know that that lovely book has gone to a good home.
    Love the pinnies!
    have a fab time in the caravan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, great score on the quilt, and a wonderful rescue! MY Uncle was part of the publishing and editorial team for the spotters books, nice to see them about still!! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time at the caravan! I could really do with either your quilt or your blanket, as it's quite chilly here. I always find the dedication in second hand books rather poignant. I'm sure Margaret would be happy for you to have them. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS