Monday 18 September 2017

My Sunday Diary


Sunday morning and I heard a strange noise outside our caravan so I threw a cardi on over my 70's pink frilly nylon nightie and ran out to see what was happening and look what  was floating by.


After breakfast outside we picked up our camera, pencil and the Spotters guide to Wild Flowers that I found for 50p in the charity shop and off we went around the caravan site looking for wild flowers.

Usborne's Spotter's guides are a series of guide books from the 70s/80s that help you identify different subject matter. In our case wild flowers.  It was a bit late in the season but we thought we'd give it a go


Once you identify the type in the book you have to go to the chart at the back and write the number you score next to the type of flower listed.


When you've finished spotting add up your scores and see who the winner is.  


I won of course,  Philip hadn't a clue what to look for.



It was good fun.  The rest of the day was spent sat outside stitching and reading followed by tea in the pub and deciding to stretch our stay out another night.


This is the stitched story I'm working on.  It's a love story for Philip.  It's almost finished now and will be bound in an old leather wallet and wrapped in a fabric bag I've made as well.


The weather has been wonderfully kind to us this weekend.
But it's back to the working week now and then we get to do it all again next weekend.


















4 comments:

  1. Well done for capturing that hot air balloon, vintage nightie and all! That book looks lovely, I haven't got a clue about wild flowers - but your photos are gorgeous.
    Tea in the pub sounds right up my street! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I still lived in Antwerp, a hot air balloon almost landed in our garden. I heard a strange noise, and when I went to look outside the bedroom window, I could almost shake hands with the people inside. It was quite scary! Would have loved to see a photo of you running outside in your vintage nightie ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how fun that flowers hunting was! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS